WRIA 17 Instream Flow Rule
After a lengthy public process involving the WRIA 17 Planning Unit, the WA Department of Ecology adopted new rules to manage water use in the Quilcene-Snow Basin of northeastern Jefferson County - also known as Water Resources Inventory Area (WRIA) 17. The WRIA 17 Instream Flow Rule is part of the state's Washington Administrative Code (WAC 173-517) and took effect December 31, 2009. The new rules apply to new water rights decisions, not existing water rights.
Learn more and view the following materials:
- WA Department of Ecology:
- Quilcene-Snow Water Resources Management Program
- Water Resources and Instream Flows (general information)
- Watershed Planning (general information)
- WRIA 17 Planning Unit - A committee of government and other stakeholder organizations, this group is changing its name to 'East Jefferson Watershed Council'.
- Jefferson County Public Health:
- Jefferson County Environmental Health Division
615 Sheridan Street
Port Townsend, WA 98368
- Phone: 360-385-9444
(Monday - Thursday
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)